To participate in the UK Tier 1 Investor Visa, you will be required to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK for settlement after 5 years
The funds must be held by a regulated institution, such as a bank or venture capital firm, and must be free to spend – not tied up in securities, shares, or similar arrangements.
Should you wish to accelerate your eligibility for ILR – Permanent residency, you can invest the following amounts to expedite the process:
- Investment of £ 5 million – eligibility for indefinite leave to remain after 3 years in the UK
- Investment of £ 10 million – eligibility for indefinite leave to remain after 2 years in the UK
You will not require any screening by nationality, age, education, English proficiency, or business experience.
12 months after you have obtained your ILR Permanent residency, you will be eligible for citizenship by naturalization.
To be eligible for U.K Citizenship, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be of good character, and be able to prove that you have not been involved in serious or recent criminal activity, not attempted to deceive the Home Office, nor been involved in any immigration offences during the previous 10 years
- Have spent no more than a total of 450 days outside the UK during the previous 5 years
- Have spent no more than 90 days outside of the UK in the previous 12 months
- Meet the knowledge of English and ‘Life in the UK’ standards
Qualified citizenship applicants may also apply for citizenship on behalf of their dependent children, if they also satisfy eligibility requirements (other than proficiency in the English language)
Once citizenship has been granted, previous holders of Tier Visas do not need to maintain their investments or run their business. At this point, they are free to seek employment with an organization that they do not own.